1) Using 100% wool felt from Weir Crafts, (other polyester blend or eco-felts usually tear over time), cut out the following pieces:
2) Using black thread doubled, sew two eyes and a mouth onto the front of the face, and red for the tikka.
3) The blue and red pieces are all in duplicate. Sew the blue pairs together using a blanket or whip stitch.
4) Sew the red pants together using a blanket or whip stitch and attach the feet at the points at the bottom of the pants.
5) Use a running stitch to attach the hair to the back of the blue head and yellow sash over Ram's shoulder and you're all done!
There will be new felt tutorials posted each month, including the rest of the Ramayan set, (Lakshman, Hanuman, Sita and Ravan).