Tuesday, January 28, 2014

DIY Toys: Market Stall


I was tempted to buy a wooden market stall for our playroom, since my son loves his pretend play food so much, but then I decided to save $100 and make one myself.



I used felt and a sewing machine to make fruits and vegetables, pictured below:

Cucumber, Carrots, Tomatoes, Okra, Kale/Spinach, Potatoes, Avocado, Yellow and Green Zucchini

Carrots, Bell Peppers, Tomatoes, Okra, Potatoes, Yellow and Green Zucchini, Kale/Spinach, Cucumber and Avocado.
Banana, Strawberries, Orange and Tangerines, Lemon, Lime, Pink Grapefruit, Pear, Kiwi, Apples and Watermelon. 

I had ordered some trifold displays from Amazon, and they happened to arrive the day I made the produce.  I realized the cardboard casing they shipped in could make a great market stall, with a mini awning already built in, so I just used crayons and colored on the cardboard to make a cheap market stall that easily collapses for storage.


Left Panel: grapefruit, oranges, apples, pears, limes, lemon, kiwi, mango, raw mango, grapes, cherries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries and strawberries
Since my son loves to say the word "organic," (although he has no idea what it means), I made sure to include that in the stall:

Center Panel: red and white awning and shelves with cucumbers, radishes, potatoes and sweet potatoes

Right Panel: cauliflower, carrots, cabbage, green beans, tomatoes, pumpkin, eggplant and broccoli

Market Stall with the Sewn Produce and a Matching Grocery Bag





No comments:

Post a Comment