- 1 c organic quinoa
- 1/4 c chopped onion
- 1 medium organic sweet potato
- 3 tbpns organic chia seeds
- 1/2 cup rbst-free, parmesan cheese with vegetarian rennet
- 5oz rbst-free cheddar cheese
- Avocado oil
- Sea Salt and Garlic Powder to Taste
- Cook the quinoa according to the directions on the package.
- Steam the sweet potato for 25 minutes until soft.
- Sautee the onion in 1 tspn avocado oil
- Shred the cheddar cheese
- Soak the chia seeds in 9 tbspns of water
- Add the onion, cheeses, sweet potato, onion, chia mixture, sea salt and garlic powder to the quinoa once it is cooked, making sure to mash the sweet potato into the quinoa.
- Once cool enough, make the quinoa mix into patties by hand. I made 13 3" X 2.5" patties
Add avocado oil to a cast iron skillet. (I don't use non-stick cookware because of the toxic PFOAs).
Cook the patties on medium high until browned and then flip to brown the other side.
Then get your condiments ready.
I made veggie burgers on toasted Trader Joe's Whole Wheat Slims.
Here is one with goat cheese, onions, avocado, and tomato.
And here is another with onions, tomato, mustard, ketchup, and pickles.
This was an easy dinner made of healthy ingredients that the whole family enjoyed. Hope you do too!
Check back every Monday and Thursday for new posts.