Sunday, June 1, 2014

DIY Toys: Kangaroo and Joey

I made this Kangaroo and Joey out of an old pair of sweatpants that were too damaged to donate.

First I drew the kangaroos with a Sharpie Stained Fabric Marker on the sweatpants.
I cut both shapes out in duplicate.  This is easily done because the sweatpants have two layers.
Then I turned them inside out and sewed them together with a 1/4" allowance.  I left the bottoms of both kangaroos open for stuffing.  Ignore the arm on the lower left.  I decided not to attach it when it was all done.

I then cut a heart and pocket out of eco-fi felt from JoAnn Fabrics and cut one blue eye out for each kangaroo and white teeth for the mother kangaroo.  I sewed them on with a blanket stitch and it was all done.


Joey outside of his pouch

Joey in the pouch.

Coming up next week: The Goat.


Previous DIY Stuffed Animals:
Octopus
Alligator
Mouse

No comments:

Post a Comment