Wednesday, August 20, 2014

DIY Toys: Weather Matching Game


This is a simple game that can be made out of construction paper, paper and some basic drawing skills, or felt.

I cut out the shapes for a storm cloud with lightening, a snowman, and the sun out of polyester felt scraps to represent rain, snow and a sunny day.

Then I cut out some apparel that one might wear during the corresponding weather, so there is an umbrella for rain, a knit hat for the snow and sunglasses, which unfortunately look like a bra, for the sunny day.

You can put the felt that represents weather in a row next to the apparel felt and let your toddler match them appropriately.  When that gets to easy you can put it all in a pile and let your child sort it.

Check back every Monday and Thursday for new posts.  Coming up in the next few weeks: more DIY toys, green toy recommendations, and more info on green products.

And if you like what you see here, check out my Amazon Author page for my picture books, and my blog posts on The Huffington Post. 


Follow me on Twitter @soups25

No comments:

Post a Comment