Wednesday, September 17, 2014

DIY Play Mat: Halloween



I made a playmat for the Halloween toys I made my son last October.


I just cut out a few haunted houses, pumpkins, gravestones and smoke from felt and sewed them to the front half of an old men's t-shirt that was cut below the armpits.  The back half is what was used for the outer space playmat earlier this year.

Because the shirt already had stripes on it, I decided to make that into a road and put the houses on top of it.  It was a quick and easy project that upcycled an old shirt that was too damaged to donate.

Check back every Monday and Thursday for new posts.  Coming up in the next few weeks: more DIY toys, DIY costumes, green toy recommendations, and more info on green products.

And if you like what you see here, check out my Amazon Author page for my picture books, and my blog posts on The Huffington Post. 
Follow me on Twitter @soups25

No comments:

Post a Comment