Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Homemade Costumes: Mouse or Rat

On Monday I showed you how to make a pig costume or Wilbur, from Charlotte's Web.  Today we are making Templeton the rat, my son's Halloween costume.

I didn't have his gray sweatpants handy but with gray pants the mouse/rat costume looks great! 






I bought a $9 hoodie from the girl's section at Kohl's and cut out the following shapes from gray felt for the ears and tail.  By folding the felt this way for the ears, I get four identical shapes, or two pairs of ears.




I then sewed pink circles onto the ears, sewed the gray circles closed using a blanket stitch, and sewed the ears to the hood.



Then I folded the triangular tail in half and sewed it closed using a blanket stitch, sewed the tail to the bottom back of the sweatshirt, and then drew pink lines on the rat's tail


That does it for my Halloween posts for this year.  Be sure to check in next week for more Diwali crafts and snacks.
Our Fall felt board


Check back every Monday and Thursday for new posts.  Coming up in the next few weeks: more DIY toys, green toy recommendations, and more info on green products.



No comments:

Post a Comment