Sunday, December 21, 2014

Colorful Felt Trees

A few weeks ago, I posted about making the conical pine trees above.  Now it's time for those colorful trees in the background.  These trees are simple and cheap.  I just gathered pieces of felt in colors that would look nice together and cut out the shape of leaves on a vine.


I then sewed the ends together.  If you don't want to sew, you can just cut out longer vines.



I did this in pink, magenta and purple and yellow, orange and red.


I then got out an old cardboard tube from paper towels, cut it to the sizes I wanted and placed my vines on top.  (If you have gone the no-sew route you can just balance the vines on top).

They can be used as trees, or as bushes if you don't want to use cardboard tubes, or you can place them flat to be trails for toy animals or figures to walk on or paths for toy cars to drive on.





Check back every Monday and Thursday for new posts, including more info on green toys and products, DIY toys, (including more Indian playfood like masala dosa, another kind of samosa, and idli sambar), and more chalkboard crafts featuring Lullaby Paints.  

Follow me on Twitter @soups25

No comments:

Post a Comment