Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Innobaby Din Din Plate

I bought the Innobaby Din Din plate for my kids earlier this year.  I purchased the plate on Amazon.  At first, I was hesitant because we have several divided stainless steel plates from India that don't cost as much as the Din Din plate, and when I got the plate, I was dismayed when I realized a sandwich wouldn't fit in the compartments.  But the more we have used it, the more it has grown on me.

The Din Din plate with pears, avocados, pomegranate seeds, cheese and soup.
Shaped like a bus with 5 divided compartments, I can see how the plate can make mealtime fun for some kids.  My son generally enjoys his food but on the occasions when he isn't that into a meal, I use this plate and we pretend that the bus can't move until he eats everything out of its compartments.  Although a sandwich, or in our case, half a sandwich, cannot fit in it uncut, the deep wheel compartments come in handy, as you don't need a separate bowl for quinoa, soup, Indian lentils, yogurt, etc.
Bell pepper, salad, peas, quinoa and avocado.

The plate is 7" X 10.5" X 1.5" and you can see more dimensions of the individual compartments using that link.  According to the website, Innobaby recommends handwashing the dish but it is also top-rack dishwasher safe.  It is made in South Korea, of 304 stainless steel, and free of BPA, Phthalates, PVC and lead.  You can watch a video on it here.

Come back every Monday and Thursday for new posts.  Coming up in the new year, I'll have posts on new do-it-yourself Indian playfood like idli sambar, masala dosa and another kind of samosa, more info on green products and green toys, more DIY toys and crafts.

Happy new year!  
Follow me on Twitter @soups25


No comments:

Post a Comment