Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Felt Astronaut

I made a little felt astronaut for a friend's outer space themed nursery.

I started by folding a piece of white felt in half and drawing an astronaut on it with a pen.



I then cut out the shape so I had two identical pieces for the front and back.


I started sewing around the astronaut with a blanket stitch.  I took scraps of white felt and stuffed them between the two layers of the astronaut cutout and continued sewing all the way around.


In a few minutes, it was a little stuffed astronaut but she/he still needed some details.


So I took my black, red and blue Sharpie Stained fabric markers and went to work:


And in a couple minutes the astronaut was done!


Check back every Monday and Thursday for new posts, including more info on green toys and products and more DIY toys.  

Follow me on Twitter @soups25

No comments:

Post a Comment