Sunday, March 15, 2015

Bird-Themed Birthday Party - Bird Crowns





The bird crowns for my son's bird-themed birthday party were fairly easy to make.  I cut out owls out of scraps of green felt.  Then I cut out white eyes, beaks in various shades of pink, and wings from patterned felt.




I blanket stitched all of this together onto the center of a folded rectangle of felt.

I then cut up old fabric ribbons and using a sewing machine, sewed the ribbon in place to the rectangle.



I used a blanket stitch to sew together the 3 open sides of the folded rectangle and the crown was done.


I put the crowns on a table with this sign so that right when kids entered our house they could put them on and join the Birday Party.


Previous Bird-Themed Birthday Party Posts:
Check back every Monday for new posts, including more info on green toys and DIY toys.  I'll be posting about the rest of the bird-themed party over the next few weeks.

Follow me on Twitter @soups25

No comments:

Post a Comment