Sunday, July 26, 2015

Cardboard Castle


Earlier this summer, I made a quick and easy castle for my kids out of cardboard.

When I opened this box of glasses, I saw the following bits of cardboard packaging inside, and thought they would make the perfect castle, gate and drawbridge.

The first thing I did was draw some bricks, vines and windows on with crayons onto the main piece, which was going to be my castle.


Next, I added a few bricks to the gate.


And I drew some wood grain onto the two pieces that would make up my drawbridge.


I then cut four rectangular notches out of the top of the castle piece:


Here is what it looked like when I was done:



Then I arranged the pieces together.  Here is the gate in front of the castle, protecting it from the dragon I made earlier this year.





And here it is on the side:





Check back every Monday for new posts, including more info on green products and DIY toys.

 You can also click here to see my blog posts on The Huffington Post. 
Follow me on Twitter @soups25


No comments:

Post a Comment