Monday, August 3, 2015

Ear Wax Thank You Ear

What do you get an ENT as a thank you gift?  An Ear Wax Thank You Ear of course.




My friend is an ENT and helped us out with something.  I thought a felt ear with "Thank You" written on removable ear wax was the perfect way to say thanks.



First I cut the following pieces out of felt:

I then sewed the two duplicate pieces of the ear together with a blanket stitch:


Then I sewed the little flap on leaving the right side of it unstitched so it forms a pocket for the ear wax.

I then took a Sharpie Stained fabric marker and drew on the rest of the ear and wrote "Thank you" on the wax.



And that was it!  My son liked it so much I had to make him one too.  

I tried to convince my friend that this would make a fabulous business card, as long as people didn't lose the ear wax with all the contact info on it.  I don't think he was convinced.

Check back every Monday for new posts, including more info on green products and DIY toys.

 You can also click here to see my blog posts on The Huffington Post. 
Follow me on Twitter @soups25






No comments:

Post a Comment