Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Flame-Retardant-Free Pajamas

I always make sure my children's pajamas are cotton and free of flame retardants.  To ensure that, I always look for the bright yellow label stating that the pajamas should be worn snug-fitting as they are not-flame retardant.



But the other day, when I purchased some cotton Carters' pajamas, I noticed that although it had the yellow label, and the shirt had the "Wear snug-fitting, not flame-retardant" label printed on it, the pants were coated with flame-retardant.

The shirt does not have flame retardants on it

But the pants do have flame retardants on them!
I quickly returned the pajamas and checked all our other Carters' sets.  Luckily they were all completely flame-retardant-free, from top to bottom.  But I now know that Carters mixes tops and bottoms that are flame-retardant and not, so in the future I will make sure that each piece of the pajama set, the pants and shorts and tops, has the snug-fitting label printed directly on them.

For my earlier post on what flame retardants are linked to, click here.

And for my post on the Naturepedic pillow, mattress and more non-toxic sleep supplies, click here and here.


Follow me on Twitter @soups25

No comments:

Post a Comment