Friday, January 29, 2016

Koalabu Natural Unfinished Wooden Peg Doll Bodies

Over the past month, I have had the pleasure of trying out some wooden peg doll bodies, made in America by Koalabu.
(Note: I received complimentary Koalabu peg doll bodies.  All opinions are my own).

From L to R: Koalabu Man, Woman, Angel, Boy and Tot dolls

I had always wanted to try making some peg dolls for my boys but the quality of the ones found at my local craft store were not fantastic. They looked splintery and made no mention of whether or not the trees they made the dolls out of were sprayed with pesticides or fungicides, so I was thrilled when I found Koalabu dolls on Amazon.

Koalabu's wood is not treated with chemicals. They make their dolls out of untreated, unfinished, non-toxic hardwood, in America!  They come in a variety of sizes and shapes:

Men - 2-3/8" tall x 7/8" diameter
Women - 2-1/4" x 5/8"
Angels - 2" x 7/8"
Boys - 1-11/16" x 5/8"
Tots - 1-3/16" x 5/8"

They also make XL Men and Angel doll bodies.

You can purchase the wooden peg doll bodies by clicking here for their product page on Amazon, or by clicking here, for their website, www.koalabu.com. 

Below are just a few of the fun dolls I have been able to make with these awesome wooden peg doll bodies by Koalabu.  I had so much fun I even purchased a couple more bags from Amazon of the Men and Angels. The quality is so great and the price is so reasonable, I couldn't resist, and now have a full-fledged peg doll making addiction.  I will post individual tutorials on how I made these over the next year so make sure to check back.



Here is the Koalabu Man Peg Doll Body.  I used this to make a blue butterfly gnome:



Here is the Koalabu Boy Peg Doll Body. 



I used it to make a blue butterfly pupa and gave the pupa a chrysalis to sleep in:



Here is the Koalabu Woman Peg Doll Body. 
I used it to make a mother doll.


And I used this Koalabu Tot Peg Doll Body to make a baby for her to wear, but since my youngest still mouths on toys occasionally, this cute little doll is going to stay out of his reach until he outgrows that stage. 


Finally, I used the Koalabu Angel Peg Doll Body above to make 7 weather and season Gnomes, 3 mushroom gnomes, 3 Indian-themed gnomes for Diwali (henna, peacock and lotus-themed), a sunflower gnome, and Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf.








The possibilities with wooden peg doll bodies are endless, and I feel great using Koalabu Wooden Peg Doll Bodies, knowing the bodies are free of chemicals for my kids to play with.



Follow me on Twitter @soups25




No comments:

Post a Comment