Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Upcycle Old Cotton Shirts Into a Play-Food Pizza


After seeing how much fun my kids had with an entire pretend pizza in a play kitchen at a Hands On Museum, I decided to make one for home. I turned two old cotton t-shirts into the pizza. Remember, I don't use clothes that are wrinkle-free, no-iron or treated with antibacterials/Microban/antimicrobials. To see the reasons why and where else these chemicals can be found, click above to read my earlier posts on the subject.

I started with some old shirts. I cut two circles out of the yellow and beige shirt to be my dough and one out of the red shirt to be the sauce.
  

I turned the dough circles inside out and sewed the two circles together, leaving an opening. I then stuffed it with other parts of the shirt and sewed it shut.








I cut out some yellow stripes from what was left of the shirt to be cheese.


I used old toppings from the pizza slices I had made a few years earlier, and the play food pizza was done!





To see some of my older play food tutorials, see the links below:



  1. Masala Dosa
  2. Idli Sambar
  3. Tacos
  4. Bowtie Pasta and Chef's Hats
  5. Pizza
  6. Sandwich
  7. Produce Stand
  8. Tea
  9. Indian food
  10. Another samosa


Follow me on Twitter @soups25


No comments:

Post a Comment