Friday, July 29, 2016

Upcycle an Old Cotton Shirt into a Toy Chicken


I used felt scraps and what was left of the same cotton shirt I made into a pizza to make a couple of chickens.  Remember, I don't use clothes that are wrinkle-free, no-iron or treated with antibacterials/Microban/antimicrobials. To see the reasons why and where else these chemicals can be found, click above to read my earlier posts on the subject.

I turned the shirt inside out and drew my chicken's outline on it with a ballpoint pen. I then sewed about half an inch outside of the outline, leaving a little gap open to stuff the chicken.


I then turned it back the right side out, and cut out my felt shapes.


I sewed them on, stuffed the chicken with cotton scraps and drew two eyeballs on with a Sharpie Stained fabric pen and my chicken was done!


Follow me on Twitter @soups25

No comments:

Post a Comment